* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: The soundtrack overall is amazing.
** [[CrowningMomentOfAwesome Bonus awesome points]] if (in the second game) you finish a puzzle just in time for the climax of ''[[PublicDomainSoundTrack Also Sprach Zarathustra]].''
* FridgeLogic: Many devices are [[RuleOfFun excused]] from this, but lighting a fuse with a flashlight still seems odd.
* PolishedPort: The [[UsefulNotes/ThreeDOInteractiveMultiplayer 3DO]] port of the original game. Not only are the graphics of higher quality, but the game includes speech and a remastered soundtrack that was so well received, some of the tracks were added into the sequels on the PC. The only gripe would be the awkwardness of using the clunky 3DO controller and not a mouse.
* TearJerker: The "New Age" track from TIM 2, TIM 3, Return Of, and Even More Contraptions. Can also be a HeartwarmingMoment.
* SuspiciouslySimilarSong: "Ragtime" in the third installment is a modified tune of Scott Joplin's "Maple Leaf Rag".
** "Hay Seed" from Contraptions has notable similarity to "Against the Grain" by Music/GarthBrooks.
* ThatOneLevel: ANYTHING that is a billiards puzzle. Especially the Tutorial level "Billiards" where even though you did what Professor Tim instructed, [[TheComputerIsACheatingBastard the game does not recognize that you've solved the puzzle]].