* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: The soundtrack overall is amazing.
* FridgeLogic: Many devices are [[RuleOfFun excused]] from this, but lighting a fuse with a flashlight still seems odd.
* TearJerker: The "New Age" track from TIM 2, TIM 3, Return Of, and Even More Contraptions. Can also be a HeartwarmingMoment.
* SuspiciouslySimilarSong: "Ragtime" in the third installment is a modified tune of Scott Joplin's "Maple Leaf Rag".
** "Hay Seed" from Contraptions has notable similarity to "Against the Grain" by Music/GarthBrooks.
* ThatOneLevel: ANYTHING that is a billiards puzzle. Especially the Tutorial level "Billiards" where even though you did what Professor Tim instructed, [[TheComputerIsACheatingBastard the game does not recognize that you've solved the puzzle]].