* EvilIsSexy: Lampshaded with Alflyse, Dark Elf Queen of the Eastern Spires.
--> '''Zeus''': "Are the wickedest queens always the comeliest?"
--> '''Hercules''': "Usually."
* MartyStu: Amadeus Cho came across this to many readers when he was first created thanks to showing up fellow super-geniuses [[ComicBook/FantasticFour Reed Richards]] and [[IronMan Tony Stark]]. Toned down and became a more balanced character later in the series debatable if he retained traits of this.
* MarySue: You'll often hear criticism of Amadeus Cho for being one of these; he had his moments starting out, but by the end of the first arc he's a well-rounded character.
** There's a FandomNod to Cho's reputation in ''Chaos War'' #5.
* MemeticMutation: See the page image. Herc has become the poster boy of that one meme.
** Said image is also popular with the "Do it, faggot" meme.
* MoralEventHorizon: [[spoiler:Athena]] crossed it at the end of the series.
* RootingForTheEmpire: Zeus gained quite a lot of MemeticBadass Internet credibility due to beating the Hulk. These people apparently forget that Hulk generally does far more good than bad, whereas Zeus is a torturer, a rapist, and pompous tyrant willing to commit genocide for petty reasons.
* StrawmanHasAPoint: Amaterasu was a bitch for wanting to save the gods at the expense of Earth, but she was completely justified in her harsh actions. The mortal world had already fallen and she was trying to protect the heavens and what was left of the universe from a suicide attack that had no hope of succeeding. She was proven right when Hercules in his stupidity opened up a gateway to the heavens allowing Mikaboshi to invade and casually destroy all of the gods. The [[BrokenAesop Aesop]] of mortal heroes being better then gods falls apart since all of the gods actions were necessary and Hercules's stupidity constantly made things worse even in recreating the world.
** [[spoiler:What happens when Amadeus finds the real Kirby.]]
** The end of "Assault On New Olympus".
** Hercules revealing why he uses the Roman version of his birth name, Heracles. [[spoiler: If you add in what Hera reveals at the end of the earlier ''New Labors Of Hercules'' miniseries, that the murder of Herc's family really was all her fault, it becomes more powerful - Herc wasn't to blame, but he continues to accept blame anyhow. [[AlternateCharacterInterpretation You could argue]] that this makes Herc TheAtoner.]]
* WinTheCrowd: Turning over one of Marvel's flagship titles to a B lister Thor wannabe? Turned out pretty well.
* TheWoobie: Hebe, long-suffering Hebe.