!!The [[Film/TheIllusionist Live Action Film]]:
* DesignatedHero: Depending on how you see Eisenheim after [[spoiler: he frames the prince for murder]], he's either this or a WellIntentionedExtremist.
* MagnificentBastard: Eisenheim is a nice version (debatably), but really, can you call him anything else after the GambitRoulette? [[spoiler:By the looks of Uhl's expression, he's probably thinking the same thing.]]
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotSymbolic: The recurring motif of the [[ButterflyOfDoom butterfly]] -- secrecy, a double life, [[spoiler: rebirth, a new life]]... nicely handled.
!!The [[WesternAnimation/TheIllusionist Animated Film]]:
* AwesomeArt: Holy crap does this movie look amazing.
* EarWorm: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG_CPNQdc7w ''Chanson Illusionniste'']], serving as the main theme to the film.
** The song that the depressed clown plays in his hotel room.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: The [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG_CPNQdc7w theme]].
* JerkassWoobie: The rabbit.
* TearJerker: The whole film itself is quite depressing, about giving up dreams and facing harsh reality but [[spoiler:when Tatischeff releases the rabbit into the wild at the end tissues will be needed.]]
** [[spoiler:''"Les magiciens n'existent pas."'']]
** Also: the SadClown's suicide attempt (made worse by the fact that he's not shown again after leaving the hotel, so he could well have ended up killing himself after all), and all the scenes with the Ventriloquist in the latter part of the film. [[spoiler: In the last scenes of the film, his beloved dummy is sitting in the window of the pawn shop marked 'FREE' and yet still nobody wants it, and he's begging on a street corner. And this is one of the lovable comic relief characters.]]