* SugarWiki/FunnyMoments: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2QlitH4nYY "What the hell is it?!"]]
** "Strictly speaking, I'm never supposed to do this. But have you got a better idea?"
* GeniusBonus: Notice how the movie goes from morning to night continuously (despite the story going over the course of months)?
** "Y'know, for kids!"
** "Extruded plastic dingus."
* OneSceneWonder: Steve Buscemi as the Beatnik bartender who's increasingly exasperated by a drunk Norville's inability to comprehend that he's not getting a martini in that establishment.
--> Martinis are for squares, man!
* TheUntwist: Some viewers believe the presence of a hula hoop on the poster drains the humor out of Norville's pitch consisting entirely of a circular drawing on scrap paper; seeing the hoop on the poster (and this very page's picture) would make the circle appear less meaningless than it does to the characters who have yet to comprehend Norville's idea.
* VindicatedByCable: The film had a dreadful theatrical release, partly due to the [[FailOSuckyname poor, undescriptive title]]. Showings on premium cable gave it a cult audience.
* WhatAnIdiot: Buzz. [[spoiler:Mussburger convinces him that Norville stole the hula hoop idea from him. He even says himself that he has no recollection of ever inventing it.]]