* FamilyUnfriendlyAesop: All you need to do to become popular is dress like a cheap prostitute.
** Played with. The girls simply dressed in better fitted and nicer versions of their own personal styles at first. And then... In any case, they got over it after [[spoiler: Lily of all people call them out for BecomingTheMask, settling in on their own style again, but more polished.]]
* FridgeHorror: Think about it. Shelly was left at an orphanage because someone didn't want her, she grew up with everyone getting adopted except her; she gets kicked out of the playboy mansion lead to believe they don't want her anymore, and when she becomes house mother and finally feels she found a place she belongs the other girls blame her for their own shifts in attitude, she is once again forced to leave. For Shelly's whole life she's felt like she was unwanted.
* HollywoodHomely: The sorority girls Shelly comes to help
* UnnecessaryMakeover: Some of the girls may have needed the makeover, but not Emma Stone.
* TheWoobie: Shelly, growing up in an orphanage, staying alone even there, and being kicked out of the Playboy house.