* EvilIsSexy: Especially if it's Rebecca [=DeMornay=].
* JerkAssWoobie: Peyton. Losing her baby may have made her a sociopath.
* MagnificentBitch: Peyton, who manipulates ''every'' situation with success until the very end. She's ''that'' smart, and Rebecca [=DeMornay=] manages to play her ''very'' convincingly.
* MoralEventHorizon: Peyton crosses this when she frames Solomon for molesting Emma, causing him to get fired. And she just goes further from there...
* OneSceneWonder: John [=DeLancie=] as Dr Mott.
* TearJerker: At one point, Solomon says that one thing he really wants is a blue bicycle, and the family give it to him to show that they consider him very much a part of the family. While this is [[CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming quite sweet]], [[spoiler: it becomes absolutely heartbreaking when Peyton accuses him of and frames him for sexually abusing Emma... and we see a shot of Solomon just looking hurt and confused as his bike is taken away from him.]]
* TheWoobie: Solomon.