* FantasticScience: Koura may be a user of this. While he clearly uses Black Magic (like animating the figurehead on Sinbad's ship), he also seems to use a form of chemical explosive to trap Sinbad in the cave on Lemuria.
* OneSceneWonder: Robert Shaw as the Oracle of All Knowledge.
* RetroactiveRecognition: [[Creator/TomBaker The Fourth Doctor]] as the Eeevil Sorcerer!
** It was actually Baker's stunning performance as Koura that brought him to the attention of the ''Series/DoctorWho'' producers when they set out to find a new Doctor to replace Creator/JonPertwee.
* TookTheBadFilmSeriously: Everyone is well aware they're in a fantasy film StarringSpecialEffects and play their roles with copious DullSurprise and ParentService. Except for Creator/TomBaker as Koura, who goes out of his way to play his generic evil wizard as a Shakespearean TragicHero with an inner world, going along with the FridgeHorror (that the character is probably a teenager who merely appears older due to his CastFromLifespan magic powers) and going against the script in places to make his character come across as noble and fascinating rather than the CardCarryingVillain he was written as. He's a strong enough character that when he finally accomplishes his evil plan at the end and has to be killed, it's actually upsetting because of how sympathetic he was. He even ramps up the sexuality to upstage all of the pretty people without shirts that he's cast against, moaning magic prayers orgasmically and smouldering. Since it was this role that the producers of the BBC saw him in to check he could act before casting him in [[Series/DoctorWho that role he defined]], it is probably for the best.
* UncannyValley: The centaur's all-too-human screams unnerved some viewers.
* VisualEffectsOfAwesome: [[CaptainObvious You don't say!]]