* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming: Xi returning to his family and his tribe. His young son is the first to run up to his open arms.
* HarsherInHindsight: The DVD release of the first film contains a documentary called "Journey to Nyae Nyae," where lead actor N!xau explains the real plight of Bushmen at the time the film was made, and how things had only worsened in the intervening years.
* ItsTheSameNowItSucks: The main complaint about the second movie.
* SpecialEffectFailure: Being a low budget film, there are lots of them.
** When the helicopter explodes, you clearly see a wire holding a model.
** The shootout scene at the beginning is outright laughable: the gunmen and police officers are simply waving their guns with no fire, bullets or sound coming out of it (the sound of machines guns were simply put afterwards during editing, they didn't even thought about the fire and bullets); apparently the filmmaker didn't have the money to buy some blanks. Those who gets shot simply drop to the ground without any visible gunwound or a simple trace of blood. In simple words, some guys storm in an office with toy guns and everyone drops dead for no reason.
** A few traces of blood can be seen on some bandages that a few characters wear, this blood is clearly some red artificial stuff that is too bright to be blood.
* TearJerker: Xi being shot, arrested and sent to prison for hunting a goat he had no way of knowing belonged to someone else. As Mpudi sadly puts it:
--> "Never seen a wall in his life, now he's got them on all sides. Poor little bugger's gonna die for sure."
** The effect that the one coke bottle has on the bushmen tribe. It's disheartening how it introduces Xi and his care-free innocent tribe to concepts like greed, disagreements, and selfishness. At one point, one of the children argue over the bottle and hits the other with it. The once cheery conversations they had at night have dried up to sullen silence.
** Xi having to say farewell to his tearful family before he parts on his quest to rid their village of the bottle.