* AcceptableTargets: Younger women, almost every one of whom is portrayed badly. And men, of course.
** Annie's daughter is portrayed pretty positively and Annie's therapist is only a few years younger than Annie. Diane Keaton and Marcia Gaye Harden are not that far apart in age.
* AwesomeMusic: "You Don't Own Me".
* HilariousInHindsight: As of 2013, all the Younger Women are in their forties and even their fifties, the same age our dumped protagonists are.
* HollywoodPudgy: Brenda obsesses over her weight in several scenes and is taunted about it by her ex's new girlfriend, when she couldn't be anymore than a size 10 or 12. It's particularly glaring in one scene where's she's thrilled at finally losing some weight, yet looks precisely as she has throughout the movie.
* HollywoodThin: Shelly. Brenda snidely comments that "the bulimia has certainly paid off" in reference to how slim she is. While she certainly is slim, she isn't unhealthily so.
* MemeticMutation: "I beat Meryl!" When JenniferLawrence quoted this after winning a Golden Globe over Meryl Streep, some people (including LindsayLohan) thought she was insulting the other actress; she had to explain the joke on a late night show. This is especially funny since Goldie Hawn [[ActorAllusion had previously starred]] with Meryl in ''Film/DeathBecomesHer''.