* ArchivePanic: They have released ''29'' studio albums since 1978. Don't rely on compilations for help either, most of them are rather poorly compiled or only focus on a certain point in the band's career.
** One possible good compilation is ''50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong''.
** What many fans and critics claim is the band's definitive release, the 2005 ''Complete Peel Sessions 1978-2004'' box set of radio sessions, weighs in at 6 [=CDs=] and seven hours.
* FaceOfTheBand: Mark E. Smith.
** There's a handful of long-running members that are easily recognized by the band's fanbase. Among these are drummer Karl Burns (1977-1979, 1981-1985, 1993-1998), bassist Steve Hanley (1979-1998), guitarist Craig Scanlon (1979-1995) and Smith's ex-wife guitarist Brix Smith (1983-1989, 1994-1996). Together or apart, these members appeared on most of the band's most popular albums. However, even hardcore fans can't keep up with - or can't be bothered to remember - the other members. The only current member of the band that most casual fans can name aside from Smith is his current wife, keyboardist Elena Poulou.
*** Fans of the American psychedelic rock band Darker My Love can pick out vocalist/guitarist Tim Presley (DML's own Face of the Band) and bassist Robert Barbato as members of the band during the ''Reformation Post TLC'' era of the band.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: See FacingTheBulletsOneLiner below.
* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming: Meta example: one of the chief reasons this film was created was that the multi-billionare behind it wanted to film at the UNESCO World Heritage sites, giving them both the money from letting him film there, and a broad cut of publicity, showing the world how awesome these places he loved were
** The ending, though [[BittersweetEnding bittersweet]]. Roy's most likely permanently crippled, and the stunt that cost him his career didn't even up in the final cut. But his legacy can never end, at least in Alexandria's mind, since she sees Roy in every stuntman in every movie. "And he's going 'mwah, mwah, mwah! Thank you, thank you, thank you very much...!'"
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: Odious and the sword cane. A BlackComedy example.
** This exchange between Alexandria and Roy:
--> '''Black Bandit''': I WILL ''DESTROY HIM''! And every Spanish thing.
--> '''Alexandria''': I thought he was Spanish?
--> '''Roy''': ''[oh, shit tone]'' Nooooo... He was French!
** "It says all that on that little locket?"
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: Beethoven's 7th symphony (second movement).
* FridgeBrilliance: The more you look at the fantasy part of the story, the more you realise exactly how perfectly it fits a child's imagination of the story she's being told.
* JerkassWoobie: Roy.
* NightmareFuel: Stop-motion is the creepiest way to depict a fever dream.
* RomanticPlotTumor: [[spoiler:Very, very, ''very'' subverted]].
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotForKids:The reviewers like to compare this film with ''Film/ThePrincessBride'', without mentioning the amounts of violence and adult themes that this film had. Not to mention that the narrator of "the delightful fairy tale" wants the little girl [[spoiler: assist him to kill himself]].