* ArchivePanic: They have released ''29'' studio albums since 1978. Don't rely on compilations for help either, most of them are rather poorly compiled or only focus on a certain point in the band's career.
** One possible good compilation is ''50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong''.
** What many fans and critics claim is the band's definitive release, the 2005 ''Complete Peel Sessions 1978-2004'' box set of radio sessions, weighs in at 6 [=CDs=] and seven hours.
* FaceOfTheBand: Mark E. Smith.
** There's a handful of long-running members that are easily recognized by the band's fanbase. Among these are drummer Karl Burns (1977-1979, 1981-1985, 1993-1998), bassist Steve Hanley (1979-1998), guitarist Craig Scanlon (1979-1995) and Smith's ex-wife guitarist Brix Smith (1983-1989, 1994-1996). Together or apart, these members appeared on most of the band's most popular albums. However, even hardcore fans can't keep up with - or can't be bothered to remember - the other members. The only current member of the band that most casual fans can name aside from Smith is his current wife, keyboardist Elena Poulou.
*** Fans of the American psychedelic rock band Darker My Love can pick out vocalist/guitarist Tim Presley (DML's own Face of the Band) and bassist Robert Barbato as members of the band during the ''Reformation Post TLC'' era of the band.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: See FacingTheBulletsOneLiner below.
* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming: Meta example: one of the chief reasons this film was created was that the multi-billionare behind it wanted to film at the UNESCO World Heritage sites, giving them both the money from letting him film there, and a broad cut of publicity, showing the world how awesome these places he loved were
** The ending, though [[BittersweetEnding bittersweet]]. Roy's most likely permanently crippled, and the stunt that cost him his career didn't even up in the final cut. But his legacy can never end, at least in Alexandria's mind, since she sees Roy in every stuntman in every movie. "And he's going 'mwah, mwah, mwah! Thank you, thank you, thank you very much...!'"
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: Odious and the sword cane. A BlackComedy example.
** This exchange between Alexandria and Roy:
--> '''Black Bandit''': I WILL ''DESTROY HIM''! And every Spanish thing.
--> '''Alexandria''': I thought he was Spanish?
--> '''Roy''': ''[oh, shit tone]'' Nooooo... He was French!
** "It says all that on that little locket?"
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: Beethoven's 7th symphony (second movement).
* FridgeBrilliance: The more you look at the fantasy part of the story, the more you realise exactly how perfectly it fits a child's imagination of the story she's being told.
** When Alexandria [[spoiler: appears in the story as the Red Bandit's daughter, he quickly adds that she was "from a previous marriage." The existence of extra-marital sex (or even sex at all) wouldn't exist in the mind of a young child. This could be Alexandria trying to interpret this in a way that corresponds with what she knows about the world so far, or if the mentioning was added by Roy, could be a way to portray Alexandria's character as a non-bastard child or his character in a better way.]]
* FridgeHorror: A meta and in-universe example. Alexandria will never see Roy again, but will likely remember him. Imagine when she grows older and eventually realizes that she [[spoiler: accidentally aided someone with a suicide attempt.]]
* JerkassWoobie: Roy.
* MoodDissonance: When Roy [[spoiler: "overdoses on pills" and goes unconscious, Alexandria assumes that he is merely sleeping and starts making silly faces at him. This simply highlights the fact that Alexandria has [[ChildrenAreInnocent no idea what's going on]] and makes it even more heartbreaking.]]
* MoodWhiplash: A lot of the more depressing scenes have elements of this. [[spoiler: While the Red Bandit is being beaten to death and starts drowning, Odious mentions that the pool is actually only "a few feet deep" reveals it doesn't reach higher than their waists.]]
* NightmareFuel: Stop-motion is the creepiest way to depict a fever dream.
* RealitySubtext: An in-universe example. Roy's treatment of the Red Bandit eventually becomes heavily influenced by Roy's self loathing and his [[spoiler: suicidal tendencies.]]
* RomanticPlotTumor: [[spoiler:Very, very, ''very'' subverted]].
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotForKids:The reviewers like to compare this film with ''Film/ThePrincessBride'', without mentioning the amounts of violence and adult themes that this film had. Not to mention that the narrator of "the delightful fairy tale" wants the little girl [[spoiler: assist him in killing himself]].
!The Video Game:
* FridgeBrilliance: [[spoiler: ARID shows signs of glitching early in the game. It makes her deposition onto a facility designed for repurposing (or [[NeverSayDie depurposing]]) make a lot more sense. Interestingly enough, her inability to notice that she's 'empty' is not a glitch or error in and of itself.]]