* CanonSue: Malina in the first few episodes. Later on, [[DependingOnTheWriter more episodes tended to give her faults.]]
* CharacterExaggeration: Kuzco's intelligence, big time. In the movie, he's sheltered and spoiled, but savvy enough to know that Yzma is trying to do his job behind his back and that she has a secret lab, in addition to being manipulative enough to play Pacha for a sap twice. In the series, he's often BookDumb or a straight-up IdiotHero.
** Vacation Time. Vacaton Time. So much fun.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL1G40piqy0 Yzmopolis, my metropolis...]]
* NightmareFuel: The skeleton ant eater. On the bright side it came with a [[EarWorm really catchy song.]]
* SeinfeldIsUnfunny: The series reused so many jokes from the movie so many times that they became more annoying than funny.
** This is [[LampshadeHanging Lampshaded]] in one episode in which the whole "Roller Coaster Inside The Lab" joke was used so many times that it actually couldn't come up with something witty to say that hadn't been said before.
** Another LampshadeHanging comes when Yzma struggles to think of something new to turn Kuzco into and suggests a llama. Kronk asks, "You're kidding, right?"
** Yet another LampshadeHanging in that episode comes when Yzma tells Kronk to pull the lever, and Kronk does, causing something they've seen before to come down. He then keeps pulling the lever saying "Seen that, seen that" until they flip in.
* UglyCute: Baby Yzma.
* VisualEffectsOfAwesome: Lampshaded in Yzmopolis.