* RetroactiveRecognition: Two of the film's stars went on to successful TV series: Craig Stevens played the title role in ''PeterGunn'', while William Hopper was cast as Paul Drake in ''Franchise/PerryMason''.
* RomanticPlotTumor: The awkward romance.
* TheScrappy: Corporal "Donny Most." Thankfully he's only briefly on scene. Hopefully the mantis got him.
* SpecialEffectsFailure: Any number, but the one that really stands out is a weird inversion that worked ''too'' well, namely a ridiculously thick patch of fog which obscures what is supposed to be a camera focus on a giant mantis footprint.
* SugarWiki/VisualEffectsOfAwesome: The life-size model of the dead giant mantis itself in the tunnel, which looks pretty good for a movie from that era.
** Likewise a very brief long-shot of the mantis climbing the Washington Monument is genuinely impressive.