* BrokenBase: While the film is by no means hated, there's some disagreement among fans as to whether the feature retains the British charm that made the original shorts so beloved or if it's been too "Americanized" by DreamWorks' influence.
* EarWorm: The leitmotifs in the score are repeated so often in the movie you'll be humming them for days afterwards.
* HeReallyCanAct: Subverted. Peter Sallis was already a well-respected and seasoned British actor, but this was easily his best performance as Wallace.
* HarsherInHindsight: [[spoiler:Wallace]]'s DisneyDeath is now even sadder following the passing of his voice actor.
* HilariousInHindsight: Lady Tottington and Victor are voiced by [[Franchise/HarryPotter Bellatrix Lestrange and Voldemort]], the latter of whom made his film debut less than a month after this film's release.
* MoralEventHorizon: Victor still keeps trying to kill the Were-Rabbit even though he's aware of his identity as [[spoiler:Wallace]] If anything, [[spoiler:discovering the Were-Rabbit is the man who's seemingly stealing his girlfriend away from him makes him even ''more'' determined to kill it]].
* NightmareFuel: Both transformation scenes. The second one especially, where Gromit is pinned against the door as [[spoiler:Wallace is transforming and desperately begging him to help him.]]