* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: Was Doom only [[ManipulativeBastard manipulating Wanda in his search for power]] and [[KickTheDog responsible for the Mutant Decimation]], as he claimed, or was his love genuine and he only [[TakingTheHeat claimed otherwise to exonerate her]] and [[BreakHerHeartToSaveHer prevent her from having to choose between him and her friends?]]
** This is discussed in-universe, with Wanda's family and friends supporting the interpretation that Doom really was responsible for M-Day, while Wolverine thinks Doom really was in love with Wanda and lying to protect her.
* AssPull: Doom suddenly taking responsibility for the Mutant Decimation was received by many as this.
* AuthorsSavingThrow: This story, for fans unhappy with what Bendis did to Scarlet Witch.
** When Hawkeye seemingly slept with an [[IdentityAmnesia amnesiac]] Scarlet Witch in an issue of Bendis's ''Comicbook/NewAvengers'', some readers objected that it was [[BedTrick ethically questionable at best]] for him to sleep with a woman who never wanted him when she was herself. This series not only has Jessica Jones call Hawkeye out on this, but reveals that the Wanda in that issue might have been ActuallyADoombot.
* BrokenBase: Over the decision to [[spoiler: save Scott Lang from his death during ''Avengers Disassembled'' via time travel]]. The aftermath is treated as still being part of the 616 universe, even though normally such an action would result in the creation of a new spinoff universe. People who like the character or dislike Bendis's work on Avengers consider it an AuthorsSavingThrow, but others accuse it of being ArmedWithCanon.
** The same trick was later used to [[spoiler: bring back Night Thrasher, who had originally died during ComicBook/CivilWar, in the ComicBook/AllNewAllDifferentMarvel ComicBook/ContestOfChampions volume.]]
* TheWoobie: The Young Avengers, but Wiccan and Cassie especially.