* ActorAllusion: Dan Aykroyd plays one of two super-wealthy brothers who attempts to strip one man of his position and replace him with a nobody. This is similar to the plot of ''Film/TradingPlaces''.
* CampStraight: The performance of Galifianakis, plus the dogs, plus the fact that ''he'' had to be proposed to (''six times'') as opposed to being the one to propose, combined with the broad hints that his wife isn't getting enough of, well, him, the film seems be dropping hints that Marty is secretly gay. However, the lack of a coming out scene, or a getting found out scene, and the fact that Marty is genuinely hurt by his wife's infidelity, might possibly suggest that Marty is just a really effeminate straight man with a low sex drive.
* CrossesTheLineTwice: The sex tape/campaign ad.
** The answering machine message that puts Brady on the spot. Really, Cam takes the line and spends his entire day repeatedly crossing it.
** Some of the things the Huggins boys confess.
** Marty just outright ''shooting'' Cam on the skeet range.
* GeniusBonus: Zach Galifianakis is originally from North Carolina, and his uncle Nick Galifianakis was a well-known U.S. Congressman from the state.
* HeyItsThatGuy: Both the puppy and the movie director from ''TheArtist'' show up.
** [[ThirtyRock Kenneth]] receives an incredibly inappropriate telephone call.
* ShockingSwerve: [[spoiler: What do Cam and Marty get the Motch Brothers on? Aiding and abetting a known international fugitive. One known as ''Tim Wattley''.]]
* TheWoobie: Marty and his wife both have their moments.
* TooDumbToLive: [[spoiler: Wade Motch seems not to really care about Glenn trying to kill him in his sleep. He doesn't die, but still.]]
* TransparentCloset: See "Camp Straight."