* DudeNotFunny: The kitten.
* HoYay: Bro Yay between the titular characters, who often argue like an old married couple. Even Lampshaded by Cavaldi.
** "Maybe another kiss?"
* NauseaFuel: The scene with the spiderweb horse.
* NeverLiveItDown: In-verse, Jakob and magic beans.
* NightmareFuel: Holy shit, yes. Leave it to Terry Gilliam to make a ''gingerbread man'' terrifying.
** The spider horse. THE FUCKING SPIDER HORSE. *shudder*
** Pity the poor kitten that got chopped up into bits into a fan...
* SpecialEffectsFailure: Considering when the movie was made and the budget it had, some of the effects are unfortunately terrible.
* UncannyValley: What makes the gingerbread man so terrifying.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsForKids: The original stories have always been NightmareFuel specifically designed to scare the bajeezus out of any kid who hears them. The same thing here. Gilliam, however, has stated that he intended the film for children.