* DudeNotFunny: The kitten.
* HoYay: Bro Yay between the titular characters, who often argue like an old married couple. Even Lampshaded by Cavaldi.
** "Maybe another kiss?"
* NauseaFuel: The scene with the spiderweb horse.
* NeverLiveItDown: In-verse, Jakob and magic beans.
* NightmareFuel: Holy shit, yes. Leave it to Terry Gilliam to make a ''gingerbread man'' terrifying.
** The spider horse. THE FUCKING SPIDER HORSE. *shudder* [[spoiler: For those of wanting to scar yourselves: at roughly the midpoint of the film, the Mirror Queen sends an enchanted horse to kidnap a little girl, something it does by spitting webbing at her to ensnare her, then yanking her into the air and [[SwallowedWhole swallowing her whole]]. The fact we see her vanish down its throat by way of a shadow on the wall does '''not''' help. Of course, for added measure, when the heroes catch it, we can see her moving around inside its belly, and we get a shot down its gaping mouth & throat to see her terrified eyes before it carries her off into the woods.]]
** Pity the poor kitten that got chopped up into bits into a fan...
** The scene where the Mirror Queen's face starts to shatter like a mirror was pretty horrifying to see.
* SpecialEffectsFailure: Considering when the movie was made and the budget it had, some of the effects are unfortunately terrible.
* UncannyValley: What makes the gingerbread man so terrifying.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsForKids: The original stories have always been NightmareFuel specifically designed to scare the bajeezus out of any kid who hears them. The same thing here. Gilliam, however, has stated that he intended the film for children.