* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: "I Can See Into Forever", the ending theme of ''the Blackwell Convergence''.
* AccidentalInnuendo / InnocentInnuendo: Lampshaded in Dave Gilbert's commentary for ''Legacy'' regarding Rosa and Joey's dialogue about his tie.
--> "I can touch it?"
--> "Yeah. The only part of me you CAN touch. Unfortunately."
--> "It... kinda tingles."
* CompleteMonster: [[spoiler: [[OurVampiresAreDifferent A 200 year old]] EmotionEater, Gavin from the ''Blackwell Deception'' has made a living as a particularly insidious ConMan, using his supernatural charisma to convince people to ruin their own lives, so he can feed off the happy times they would have had otherwise. You get to meet several of these victims as ghosts, and the lives they left behind, and Gavin expresses not an ounce of remorse for any of the pain he's caused.]]
* HarsherInHindsight: The appearance of [[spoiler: Madeline]] in Lauren's dreams becomes more ominous when you learn in ''Epiphany'' [[spoiler: Maddy will use this mental link to try and possess Lauren, driving her insane in the process, and has already done the same to Patricia.]]
* ThatOnePuzzle: Every game has at least one. Special mention goes to the [[CrueltyIsTheOnlyOption "poison the dog"]] puzzle in ''Legacy'', the "appreciate art" puzzle in ''Convergence'' (especially as you don't know if you've made all the right choices until the end), ''everything'' you need to persuade Jamie in ''Deception'', and ''any'' puzzle that requires Joey interact with things, as 99% of the time using the interact command with him results in some variation of "I can't touch that, ya dingus".
** Though you can get some advice on how to talk to Claude in ''Convergence'' by Oogling "Artists". [[GuideDangIt Of course]], if you haven't gained access to Meltzer's e-mail account by that point, good luck knowing that.
** Rosangela's life is a never-ending parade of constant misery getting dumped on her. It's incredibly telling that being permanently bonded to a sexist, condescending ghost and being forced to help restless spirits move on was a ''positive influence'' on her life. [[spoiler: And the fact that the line of work she gets into eventually gets her killed puts a damper on that.]]
** [[spoiler:The Deacon]], arguably. Sure, [[spoiler:his constant laments [[DrivenToSuicide indirectly caused the suicide of two college students]]]], but he never meant to. All he wanted is to be helped.
** JerkassWoobie: Several ghosts are this, or try to invoke this. Joey in particular seems to fit the trope, due to his persistent alternation between snarking at his medium and whining about his death and past experiences with the Blackwell Family.
** WoobieDestroyerOfWorlds: [[spoiler:The Countess. Madeline as well, if you still sympathise with her]]