* AdaptationDisplacement: Each episode credits the show as being based upon Martin Caidin's novel ''Cyborg''. But you'll never find Jaime Sommers in any of Caidin's books, as she was created by Kenneth Johnson. The credit for Caidin was mandated by the use of Oscar Goldman, Rudy Wells and the occasional appearance by Steve Austin, plus the fact the series continued the concept of bionics as established by Caidin in his original novel.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: Many, such as the episode in which she outruns a 100 MPH race car, and another in which she tears a phone book in half to intimidate a group of unruly students.
* KidAppealCharacter: Jaime's class of preteens. Since they figured into the story from the beginning, they don't count as CousinOliver...though you might think they did, considering the class actually included [[TheBradyBunch Cousin Oliver]].
* NightmareFuel: The Fembots were quite freaky-looking when their faces got ripped off (which was often).
* RecycledScript: As noted above, the series was guilty of this several times in its first season due to the extremely short notice given between its commissioning and its debut.