* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation: Miss Hathaway is a lesbian. This is helped along, obviously, by the RealLife lesbianism of ''both'' of her actresses -- Nancy Kulp (in the TV series) and Creator/LilyTomlin (in the film).
** But how does that jibe with Miss Hathaway's obvious crush on Jethro? Unless...she's actually got a crush on Jethrine.
** Not impossible Miss Hathaway was at least a little bi-sided. She may have suspected all along he'd never return her interest, and just liked the thrill of the chase.
*** It could just be a matter of HaveIMentionedIAmHeterosexualToday. Judging by the time period, she would have had to do that to keep her job most likely.
* DeaderThanDisco: Almost no one would admit to liking this series, even when it was No. 1 in the ratings back in the 1960s.
** Well, maybe it ''should'' be, but the show remains a staple of syndicated television to this day, and still brings in decent ratings.
* EarWorm: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqxALGKvRoQ&lc=G3jb7h7d2aSz1pEdrA6n-5D72BaZpfJ7fgQ7APGbLts The theme song]]. I ''dare'' you to deny it.
** Humorist Dave Barry: "If you surveyed a hundred typical middle-aged Americans, I bet you'd find that only two of them could tell you their blood types, but every last one of them would know the theme song from ''The Beverly Hillbillies''."
* FridgeLogic: Attempting to make the Clampetts look uninformed sometimes causes continuity errors. In S01E07, Jed pushes the doorbell at a neighbor's house, yet in the 8th episode, he still has no idea what that "strange music" playing is, but every time it does someone comes to the door.
* IdiotPlot: EVERY EPISODE.
** TropesAreNotBad: It works with the type of show it is.