* DudeNotFunny / CrossesTheLineTwice: Much of what [[CosmicPlaything Calamity]] [[BornUnlucky James]] [[AmusingInjuries is put through]] tends to fall into this, despite being PlayedForLaughs.
* MagnificentBastard: This is Roger the Dodger's hat.
* ReplacementScrappy: In issue 3649 Walter fired his pet poodle Foo-Foo and replaced him with a cat named Claudius.
** In ''Dennis & Gnasher'', Angel Face seems to have replaced Athena and Sugar, who were themselves [[TheScrappy Scrappies]].
* SoBadItsGood: What some fans think of the direct-to-video ''Beano'' cartoons.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: A common complaint among older readers of newer comics. For some, the change of dimensions of the annual for the 2011 edition was [[SeriousBusiness pretty pointless and generally horrible]].
** Serious enough that Nigel Dobbyn, the artist for Billy the Cat, quit, resulting in the superhero's absence from the 2012 annual.
** The redesign of Dennis' parents, making them older versions of him and thus rendering Gran pointless.
*** That hasn't stopped her from reappearing in the 2013 cartoon.
*** What they in fact did - going by some of the strips themselves - is implied that time has moved on and the original Dennis the Menace has grown up and is now father to the current Dennis the Menace. The difference is easy to see - the original Dennis had a black and red striped jersey, while his son Dennis has a [[InsistentTerminology red and black striped jersey!]]
* ToyShip: Dennis the Menace — Minnie the Minx.
** Daniel "Danny" Deathshead and Toots from ''The Bash Street Kids''.
* UglyCute: Minnie the Minx can be this, depending on the artist.
* UnfortunateImplications: Biffo the Bear's human aunt. Bananagirl is Bananaman's niece according to the Beano website but Bananaman is a child and his strips never show his siblings so that implies one of his siblings may have had a child and been disowned because of it. Which would also make sense as to why Bananaman never features in Super School strips.
** When Bananaman ended up appearing as a regular character in the Beano ([[MerchandiseDriven to justify his merchandise on the Beano Shop]]), the advert announcing this referred to him and Bananagirl as cousins instead. That fixes the sibling problem.
*** Although there's still the fact that Eric transforms into Bananaman by eating a banana - whereas Bananagirl just seems to be Bananagirl all the time. Different source of their superpowers, maybe?
* ValuesDissonance: An old comic strip featured in the 1940 annual was entitled Hard-Nut the Nigger. Also the character Little Peanut from the late 30s to early 40s who was a stereotypical poor black boy who appeared on the logo of the first issue but did not reappear on the cover when the first issue's cover was made a poster in 2010. Also the character Polly in the Lord Snooty strip looks unfortunately like a chimpanzee and the late 1950's strip entitled Pom-Pom the boy who brightens darkest africa.
* ViewerGenderConfusion: Pansy Potter gets this from some readers even though she wears a dress shirt.
* WereStillRelevantDammit: Robbie Rebel, the short-lived hip and contemporary version of Dennis the Menace.
** Dennis the Menace inexplicably gaining trainers around 1995 can be seen as a stab at this, quickly dropped in favour of his traditional boots.