* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: [[Awesome/TheBackyardigans See here]].
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: [[Funny/TheBackyardigans See here]].
* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming: [[Heartwarming/TheBackyardigans See here]].
* EarWorm: Seriously. It's a good thing for parents that the songs are as fun as they are...
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Austin, whose popularity with the viewers (especially the PeripheryDemographic) is, strangely, in direct counterpoint to how often he appears on the show. It may or may not be a coincidence that the much cuddlier Pablo, Tyrone and Uniqua appear in nearly every episode ''and'' on most of the marketing.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: The series is so popular in Latin America that it's easier to find fansites and videos of the show in Spanish than the original English.
* GrowingTheBeard: From the second season onwards, the animation was much improved, and the music became even better.
* MemeticMutation: SOCCER!!!
** YETI, YETI, YETI!
* NightmareRetardant: "Scared of You" is based around this trope. The episode features a skeptical Austin meeting Tyrone (as The Mummy King), Uniqua (as a rather cute werewolf), and Pablo (as a vampire), all of whom are far more scared of ''each other''. It ends with all five of the kids having a big monster dance party.
* PeripheryDemographic: Because those songs are damn catchy. Also, the animation is beautiful and the writing is smart and funny.
* ToyShip: Loads.
* TheUntwist: Frequent, in the course of finding ways around their inability to actually hurt or arrest anyone. During "Whodunit?", for instance, it turns out that [[spoiler:Tyrone was the thief, but he didn't really steal the jewels; Tasha gave them to him. It was all a plot by Tasha to liven up a rainy day]].
* TheWoobie: If you think about it, all five of them are. Each character has a moment of Woobie-ness but Austin is the biggest contender, especially in "Race Around the World" where he keeps losing the race.