* DesignatedVillain: Because of the show only has five characters, one or two of them will usually have the role of the main baddie. However, they'll always reformed themselves at the end of the show.
* EarWorm: Seriously. It's a good thing for parents that the songs are as fun as they are...
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Austin, whose popularity with the viewers (especially the PeripheryDemographic) is, strangely, in direct counterpoint to how often he appears on the show. It may or may not be a coincidence that the much cuddlier Pablo, Tyrone and Uniqua appear in nearly every episode ''and'' on most of the marketing.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: The series is so popular in Latin America that it's easier to find fansites and videos of the show in Spanish than the original English.
* GrowingTheBeard: From the second season onwards, the animation was much improved, and the music became even better.
* MemeticMutation: SOCCER!!!
** YETI, YETI, YETI!
* NightmareRetardant: "Scared of You" is based around this trope. The episode features a skeptical Austin meeting Tyrone (as The Mummy King), Uniqua (as a rather cute werewolf), and Pablo (as a vampire), all of whom are far more scared of ''each other''. It ends with all five of the kids having a big monster dance party.
* PeripheryDemographic: Because those songs are damn catchy. Also, the animation is beautiful and the writing is smart and funny.
* ToyShip: Loads.
* TheUntwist: Frequent, in the course of finding ways around their inability to actually hurt or arrest anyone. During "Whodunit?", for instance, it turns out that [[spoiler:Tyrone was the thief, but he didn't really steal the jewels; Tasha gave them to him. It was all a plot by Tasha to liven up a rainy day]].
* TheWoobie: If you think about it, all five of them are. Each character has a moment of Woobie-ness but Austin is the biggest contender, especially in "Race Around the World" where he keeps losing the race.