* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation: The Bear and Lion short is nightmare fuel as is. But once you read about the [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BEAR_and_LION_ciphers BEAR and LION ciphers]] on TheOtherWiki , the entire thing suddenly becomes an allegory about espionage and counter-espionage.
* ArchivePanic: 365 episodes. Enough said.
* NightmareFuel: The bear and lion, with the former implied to be deliriously insane and the lion is very menacing and is implied to have killed the bear at the end of the chase. Understandably, Ragdoll banned the episodes featuring the duo and rewrote them on DVD as more comedic characters. The version broadcast in some countries as well as the repeats on International BBC feeds is also the version from the DVD.
* PeripheryDemographic: Is popular with young adults who are into Rave culture, probably because of its surrealism.
* WhatDoYouMeanItWasntMadeOnDrugs: Their target demographic: children 1 to 3, looking for surrealism.
** The same company went on to make ''Boohbah'' (2003) and ''In the Night Garden...'' (2007-2009). If you think ''Teletubbies'' was made on drugs...!
* UncannyValley: The Baby-faced sun.
* ViewerGenderConfusion: Po is often mistaken for a male due to her fur being red and for her tomboyish antics.