!! YMMV tropes for the movie:
* CompleteMonster: [[TheHeavy Thor]] is one of the aliens sent to manage the [[GiantEnemyCrab gargons]], and the most enthusiastic supporter of his species being the "superior race." The [[EstablishingCharacterMoment very first thing we see him do]] is [[BadPeopleAbuseAnimals disintegrate a puppy]]. After [[TheProtagonist Derek]] protests that a civilized society exists on the planet, Thor suggests he be ForcedToWatch as [[OmnicidalManiac all life on Earth is destroyed]]. After Derek escapes, Thor is sent off to capture him. In his pursuit, he kills anybody who annoys him or [[YouHaveOutlivedYourUsefulness is of no use to him]]. After he is captured by Derek, he urges him to [[KillAllHumans kill any humans]] around, proving just how [[FantasticRacism bigoted]] and AxCrazy he is.
* FridgeLogic: Why was Betty's puppy running around that quarry?
** With everyone knowing his AxCrazy nature at that point, why did no one take the ray gun away from Thor when he passed out?
* MoralEventHorizon: Thor's EstablishingCharacterMoment is one. The very first thing he does when he arrives on Earth is disintegrate a puppy.
* OneSceneWonder: King Moody as Spaceship Captain.
* SoBadItsGood: This film is a really good B-movie example of the trope.
* SpecialEffectsFailure: The gargon. Just... the gargon.
** The live lobster near the beginning probably blew the budget. Later gargons are played by what looks like a black-painted vaguely lobster-shaped cardboard cutout. (They probably intended to do some process work to replace the silhouette with an actual lobster image, but didn't have the budget.)
** On the other hand, when you consider the next-to-nothing budget the film had, you have to be impressed that the movie's non-special effects work. For example, the entire movie was shot wild track: ''every single sound'' was dubbed in later -- and unlike [[Film/ManosTheHandsOfFate certain other B-movies]], you can't really tell.
* TearJerker: Derek's line of, "You... knew your brother?" to Betty. It's the one line in the film where Derek realizes that Earth contains a familial society he had only read of in books and grows to love it enough to the point of pulling off a willing HeroicSacrifice to protect it.