* BaseBreaker: The very embodiment of this trope. Some Americans see him as the true defender of the Constitution and thus a model American, while others see him as a cradle-robbing, red-necked bully.
* CrossesTheLineTwice: Constantly, of course, but crossed it at least three more times during his 2014 appearance on ''Series/ThatMetalShow''. Talk turned to drugs, and as Ted was yelling about how stupid everyone who uses drugs is, he says, to get his point across, "Wanna go see the new Philip Seymour Hoffman movie?" This was aired [[TooSoon very shortly after Hoffman's 2014 death from a drug overdose]]. The audience murmurs "Oooh..." and all three of the hosts force smiles that are ''very'' uncomfortable looking. [[DudeNotFunny Yikes.]]
* EpicRiff: "Cat Scratch Fever."
* [[HilariousInHindsight Hilarious]][=/=]HarsherInHindsight: Depending on your point of view, it's either hilarious or horrible that this happened. Ted said "If [[UsefulNotes/BarackObama Obama]] wins I'll either be dead or in jail," he has yet to be dead or in jail.
* SampledUp: Non-fans are more likely to recognize the beginning of "Homeward Bound" from the Music/BeastieBoys track "The Biz Vs. The Nuge".
** Ted Nugent is notoriously straight-edge and by his own estimation has had ''three or four beers'' in his entire life.
--->'''Nugent:''' Anybody who wants to get mellow can turn around and get the fuck outta here!
** He was famously unaware, or claimed to be unaware, that the epic Psychedelic-riff-gasm that is "Journey to the Center of the Mind" was about drug use. He reiterated this claim when he appeared on ''Series/ThatMetalShow'' in 2014.