* AffablyEvil: Mrs. Tingle. Although she's definitely the antagonist it's debatable if she could truly be called a villain.
* CriticalResearchFailure: The fake diary that the main character worked on for several months mentions witch burnings in Salem. Not a single witch was burned during the Salem Witch Trials, they were hung [[note]]with the only exception being Giles Corey, who was crushed to death with rocks [[/note]]. What makes it worse is that the audience is supposed to see Mrs. Tingle as a horrid person for only giving the main character a C for something she worked so hard on, but considering she made such a big and easily rectified mistake, the whole film falls apart.
* DesignatedHero and DesignatedVillain, both of which are UpToEleven:
** Mrs. Tingle isn't the only Designated Villain, either. Another girl in the class is demonized because...she gets better grades than the protagonist?
* JerkassWoobie: Mrs. Tingle. Again, it's the ''[[AntiHero kids]]'' who barge into her house and threaten her then tie her up.
* StrawmanHasAPoint: The title character is a high school SadistTeacher who has it in for the lead character, who is just trying to become valedictorian. At the start of the film, Mrs. Tingle gives a C grade to a project she worked six months on, a historical recreation of the diary of a girl [[BurnTheWitch accused of being a witch]] during the time of the 1692 Salem Witch Trials. Except that the diary describes witch-burnings, whereas the accused witches at Salem were all ''hanged'', except for the one man who was crushed, meaning the teacher was well within her rights to mark the assignment down.