* AwesomeMusic: The main theme. This is probably the reason it has gone unchanged since the time the series first aired.
* BestKnownForTheFanservice: ''Reifezeugnis'' (1977), a Kommissar Finke episode directed by Creator/WolfgangPetersen set at a high school, was a breakout part for the young Creator/NastassjaKinski. Of course what tends to be remembered most is her nude scenes.
* HarsherInHindsight: Fashion designer Rudolph Mooshammer appeared in two ''Tatort'' episodes, once as himself and once as a man who sold titles of nobility. In real life he became the victim of a murder in 2005.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: The series is SeriousBusiness in Germany and discussing/bashing the newest episode is a popular sport almost on par with football. So prepare for a lot of this whenever a Tatort director tries something daring.
* SeinfeldIsUnfunny: Arguably the earliest episodes (being as they predate the German crime-fiction craze ''Tatort'' helped start) are a bit tame and boring compared to the humor/shock value/whatever the newer episodes rely on to draw ratings