* AwesomeMusic: MotoiSakuraba and his collaborators (Shinji Tamura and Hibiki Aoyama being the most recurrent) rarely fail to give the games kick-ass soundtracks. [[AwesomeMusic/TalesSeries See this page]] for some examples of the series' great music.
* CompleteMonster: [[Monster/TalesSeries We have a page for that]].
* DesignatedProtagonistSyndrome: Several of the games' protagonists and deuteragonists get a lot of flak from fans.
* ItsTheSameSoItSucks / SoOkayItsAverage: The games are popular in the JRPG fandom but there's a pretty vocal group of people who consider the games to be very generic and samey, even when compared to other JRPG franchises. Frequent criticisms are uninspired designs and dated visuals, overuse of JRPG cliches, button mashey gameplay and Sakuraba's work for the series not being as strong as his other compositions. It probably doesn't help that the games tend to be released in a pretty short amount of time, leading to oversaturation in some people's eyes.
* TheScrappy: A ''lot''. For full details, read up on the TalesSeries' entry - it's earned its own folder on the video game section.