* BrokenBase: There seem to be three opinions on the game. One is that it's a lazy Tales of game, the second is that it's a very good sequel that is DarkerAndEdgier, while the third group says it's basically an ExpansionPack for a unfinished game.
* ComplacentGamingSyndrome: Most parties on Youtube and various other sites commonly use Gaius, Ludger, Milla, and Elise. In fact, Gaius tends to be THE player character for most.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: The theme song, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EVE_QHvL3w Song 4 u]] by AyumiHamasaki.
** In general, the game's music is considered much better than Xillia's, giving a more epic feel to it.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Lulu. Lots of people love the fat cat. The fact that Lulu is part of a Link arte takes this even further.
* GameBreaker: Ludger's Corpse Shell mode is broken beyond repair. Some see it as a way to have Mystic Artes in a one on one boss fight. Ludger can use it at any time in a fight, as long as he has the meter up. It allows him to, for the duration of the time, not take damage, have infinite TP, increase in damage, changes all of his artes to much more powerful and destructive ones. Not to mention it removes any arte lag meaning you can spam most of his artes. Many boss battles became easier simply by knocking them in the air and just constantly jabbing them a few times before following it up with a Mystic Arte...which can hit almost all the enemies stuck in it.
* HilariousInHindsight: With the inclusion of ''Anime/PuellaMagiMadokaMagica'' outfits, any serious scene including Elise with the outfit on becomes funnier.
** The costumes base don other characters from the Tales of series when combined with different character skins allow...[[http://24.media.tumblr.com/61dd5ac1ef707746700d2d79dbf05075/tumblr_mm8h90n5I61sonzqho1_500.png interesting]] [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPxbK4Twnc combos]]
* LauncherOfAThousandShips: '''Ludger'''.
* LoveItOrHateIt: The general opinion of the game. Many like the changes, darker story, and new characters, while many hate the fact that it's (at least to them) more of a expansion pack then a full game and just hate the game for existing.
* MostAnnoyingSound: "MUTTON, FRESH MUTTON" has been confirmed to return in the localized version.
* NightmareFuel: [[spoiler: [[http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8696/musee.jpg Musee's rape face.]]]]
* PlayerPunch: [[spoiler:Milla]]'s death. ''Especially'' if Ludger chooses to [[spoiler:immediately sacrifice her so he can save Elle instead; the look on Milla's face as Ludger lets go of her hand is heartbreaking]].
** Being forced to kill [[spoiler:Julius, who may have been TheRival but was still a loving brother to Ludger and an overall decent guy]]. You can be excused for choosing [[spoiler:to save him instead]].
* TheScrappy: Nova has gained a small hatedom for being the face of the game's debt system, which restricts your travel to certain places. She also has a tendency to harass you with phone calls asking for payments, all while never losing her GenkiGirl attitude. However, the game ''does'' acknowledge that her always-on cheeriness can be annoying, and you get a chance to yell at her later (which makes her nervous whenever she calls for the next couple of chapters).
* ThatOneBoss: Khronos is the most extreme example in the game. Every time you fight him, he has the ability to reset the fight if your not able to stop him in time, he always has support from several rings that can nearly OneHitKo your party members and each time you fight him, your unable to set your own party up until the final boss fight with him...which is at the end of the game! It doesn't help that on the second time you face him, your playing with just Ludger, Milla, Gaius, and Muse, which means you have no real healer. Its not uncommon to see players die easily at the fight.
** [[spoiler:Victor is a close second. Not only does he have ALL of Ludger's artes, he also has Corpse Shell, meaning he has two mystic artes he can hit you with. To add to that, he loves inflicting status effects with his gun's. Oh, and he starts the boss fight in Corpse Shell, meaning there's a huge chance he'll use his Mystic Arte and nearly wipe out your entire group...simply because they were close enough together. Similar to the above, you have no real healer save Jude ]]