* BrokenBase: On the Radiant Mythology side, people are split on who the best healers are. The arguments usually are whether or not [[VideoGame/TalesOfVesperia Estelle]], [[VideoGame/TalesOfPhantasia Mint]], or [[VideoGame/TalesOfTheAbyss Tear]] is the best healer, nevermind the fact that the above three are only a few of the healers in game.
** In general bringing up ideal parties is treading on FlameBait.
* GameBreaker: The third game introduces such a large cast that many just make the game a cake walk.
** [[VideoGame/TalesOfTheAbyss Van.]] He's a GlassCannon sure but he's got amazingly high magic attack and all of his magic artes are high end spells like Judgement or Frigid Coffin.
** Emil also too. He's got great speed and yet really damn power artes.
* JustHereForGodzilla: Most people buy the games simply because hey, it's a crossover game including fanfavorites like [[VideoGame/TalesOfVesperia Yuri Lowell]] and [[VideoGame/TalesOfGraces Asbel]] and you can use them anyway you see fit.
* NoExportForYou: All of the games in typical Tales of fashion, save the first Radiant Mythology game, have not been localized.
* TierInducedScrappy: Since each game has such a large amount of characters, some are not very useful.
** Chat is one because she has four artes, none of which are really strong. The only useful thing about her is her ability to spam attacks in Radiant Drive.
** Asch too is one mainly because he's a MasterOfNone. He's a MagicKnight sure but he has no highend spells, no healing, and he's a bit clunky. Luke has most of his artes but is stronger, Jade is a better spellcaster, and Van is a MagicKnight with much better artes and stats.
** Judith, which is sad because it's only because her artes were implemented in weirdly and she can't combo very well.
** Annie mainly because her fighting style is by making glyphs that ether buff or heal...which is a issue when you have a 3D style that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to use it.