* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: "Rhythm of Life." Appears, is awesome, and is never referred to again. TheMovie gave it some relevance, as Oscar is seen getting over his neurosis while hiding in a tire after the church runs from the cops, but that scene is not in the original play.
* HeyItsThatGuy: [[Film/HaroldAndMaude Bud Cort]] makes a brief appearance in the film. Early in his career and uncredited, he's easy to miss.
* MemeticMutation: The first few bars of "Hey Big Spender" is the theatrical equivalent of the first few notes of Beethoven's 5th.
* OneSceneWonder: Daddy Brubeck, (Sammy Davis, Jr. in TheMovie) who sings Rhythm of Life and is never heard from again, yet his song is one of the most famous in the show.
* SuperfluousSolo: "Too Many Tomorrows". The minor character Vittorio inexplicably has this long, slow, boring solo right after Charity's dazzling showstopper "If My Friends Could See Me Now". It has nothing to do with the plot, and he sings it to a thoroughly unimportant character. Notably, this song was removed from the movie.