* GameBreaker: Practically every upgrade is one of these. Each one makes it more and more difficult to die.
* ItsEasySoItSucks: Compared to other ''Mario'' games, ''SPP'' is rather easy to finish... right up until you get to [[ThatOneBoss Bowser]].
* ThatOneBoss: Bowser. Has hard-to-dodge attacks and [[GuideDangIt it's hard to figure out how to beat him]]. Luckily, you're healed between his two phases.
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodPlot: Many say that this would be a good idea if it weren't for the low difficulty and the Vibes.
* UnfortunateImplications: The game received a bunch of feminist criticism about its Vibe mechanic. Some argued that having Peach's powers come from emotions while Mario and Luigi merely use their strength [[http://feministsonar.com/2014/09/blind-lady-vs-super-princess-peach/ plays right into the stereotype that all women are emotional and overreact]].