* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: Any of the remixes that were put into the game, and Galaxy's Floater Land Theme.
* GameBreaker: Unfortunately for the designer, there is obviously no way to ensure an entirely linear way of game progression, since certain areas can actually be accessed prior to their storyline appearance.
** Hover FLUDD. Lose your balance on a platform? No problem!
* MostAnnoyingSound: Without an awesome sound card, the random bursts of static. KRRSH! KRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSH!
* ThatOneLevel: [[BrutalBonusLevel The Edge of the Mushroom Kingdom.]] This game makes you '''''earn''''' your HundredPercentCompletion.
** Playing some of the later levels (such as Lethal Lava Land and Tick Tock Clock) can be a big pain in the butt without Hover FLUDD.
** [[spoiler:Also, the CollapsingLair segment of Bowser's Castle after Bowser is defeated. The area's ''covered'' with lava, and FLUDD is not able to be used whatsoever.]]
* TheyJustDidntCare: Luigi was obviously a rushed character. Although he has some new voice clips, many (such as falling from a height or collecting a Shine Sprite) are Mario's voice clips reused instead of using the ''VideoGame/SuperMario64DS'' equivalents. Also, he "turns" into Mario whenever he drowns or [[spoiler:throws Bowser during the final boss battle]], as well as during cutscenes.
** Additionally, proofreading the text could have been nice.