* AwesomeMusic: Possibly [[http://chipzelmusic.bandcamp.com/album/super-hexagon-ep all of the music in the game]], but especially Focus (Hexagonest's theme).
* EvenBetterSequel: ''Hexagon'' is a good game, especially for one developed for a game development competition with a limited submission window. Its sequel puts the "Super" in ''Super Hexagon'' by having six stages, a better framerate, more music, and more fair mechanics.
* HellIsThatNoise: The BGM that plays [[spoiler:when you get to the black background section.]]
* JustOneMoreLevel: The combination of "oh, I could totally have beaten that!" and instantaneous restarting makes it really easy to get sucked into the game for a lot longer than you might expect.
* MemeticMutation: Playing the game on a Nexus 7.[[note]]The game lags on a Nexus 7 device. This is a known bug.[[/note]]
** ''Begin! GAME. OVER. Begin! GAME. OVER. Begin! GAME. OVER.''
** ''Excellent!'', which plays when you beat your old record. Mostly because it can throw off your concentration, leading to a GameOver within the next second.
* MostWonderfulSound: ''Hexagon'', ''Wonderful'' and finally ''Awesome''.
* SequelDisplacement: How many people know about the original ''Hexagon''?
* StopHelpingMe: Did you just beat your old record? Then...
--> Excelle--''(zap)'' '''GAME. OVER.'''
** Within Hexagoner, the [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sz0mI_6tLQ#t=23 rapid zig-zag pattern]] is an ''utter monster''. If your timing is the least bit off, or if you overshoot the edge of the wall even a little ... *zap* [[GameOver Game. Over.]]
** While Hexagon and Hexagoner are hard enough, Hexagonest is where the game [[DifficultySpike really picks up]]. The "scroll" speed here is much faster, and the stage spins much more wildly, giving you less time to react than in the first two stages. The "rain" pattern here (a barrage of staggered wall layers) will most likely end your runs if you don't succumb to the fast convergence speeds or the faster triangle movement, and in Hyper Hexagonest, the spinning is up to eleven, and the double segmented spiral now turns at the middle. If "GAME. OVER." hasn't been drilled into your head yet, it will be when and ''if'' you complete this stage.
Excelle--''(zap)'' '''[[BrickJoke GAME. OVER.]]'''