* CrowningMusicOfAwesome - Harold Crick singing ''Whole Wide World'' leading into Wreckless Eric's rendition of the song while he finally gets the girl
** Also the score provided by Spoon
** And Vangelis' [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Nky9lo8Nc "La Petite Fille de la Mer"]], accompanying Harold as he prepares [[spoiler:to meet his end]].
* CultClassic: Very... very.... slowly... becoming... this.
* GeniusBonus - All the characters' last names are references to famous mathematicians and scientists.
** And there are a number of visual references to René Magritte paintings, particularly [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Son_of_Man_%28Magritte%29 The Son of Man]].
* HeReallyCanAct: Seriously!
* NeedsMoreLove: Really, really, REALLY NeedsMoreLove. Very underrated film.
* ParanoiaFuel: If you're a writer who has killed off characters.
* TearJerker: At the end [[spoiler:when Harold decides to face his death.]]
* TomHanksSyndrome - This is one of the first dramatic roles in Will Ferrell's career.
* VindicatedByHistory: Though far from critically panned, the movie didn't quite get the type of praise it deserved (mostly because many people were skeptical about Will Ferrel being able to pull off a dramatic role). However, today it is often regarded as one of the best movies of 2006, with many people wondering why Ferrel didn't get at least nominated for Best Actor at the Oscars.
* TheWoobie - Harold.