* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: What ever the hell "Wet My Bed "is.
* CriticalDissonance: The band's early material was ripped apart by most critics, in the face of a rapidly growing fanbase and multi-platinum albums. In a 1994 issue of ''Rolling Stone'', they were named the "Best New Band" in a reader's poll... while simultaneously being voted the "Worst New Band" in a critic's poll.
* FaceOfTheBand: Scott Weiland. When Weiland was fired from the band in 2013, many of the band's fans hastily proclaimed that STP was ending (which, according to Weiland, was not the case, as he claims his "firing" is nothing more than a hoax to increase band publicity. The band's current line-up claims otherwise, however).
* FanNickname: "Stone Temple Park" and "Linkin Pilots" after it was announced that [[Music/LinkinPark Chester Bennington]] would be replacing Scott Weiland as the band's new vocalist.
* FanonDiscontinuity, crossed with FirstInstallmentWins: Radio still plays STP songs from Core, Purple and Tiny Music, but almost nothing from the other three albums. And the last one has not been out very long compared to the rest.