'''STEEL BATTALION: LINE OF CONTACT (XBOX)'''
* DoingItForTheArt: Why else would anyone develop a commercially unviable game like this?
* LoveItOrHateIt: Quite frankly there's no middle ground on this game. Either it's "the game that really puts you in the cockpit of a HumongousMecha" or "this is why ArtisticLicense exists".
* MemeticMutation: "Cheddar coming boys!", from a ''Line of Contact'' [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJc7I6ITESg concept trailer]]. [[DontExplainTheJoke Cheddar refers to artillery/howitzer fire.]]
'''STEEL BATTALION: HEAVY ARMOR (XBOX 360)'''
* ContestedSequel: Judging from the critical and gamer reactions.
* PlayerPunch: Every time your crewmate dies, their picture from the graduating class (that you are a part of) goes gray and a letter informing of their death is sent to their next of kin.
** ScrappyMechanic: [[https://youtu.be/_ArpWuV_zvo?t=12m10s The Kinect can sometimes be responsible for not allowing you to save them in time]].
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: For some people regarding Kinect as the new controller.
** Only a handful of professional reviewers have given the game a score of over 40 out of 100, making this trope a common consensus. (Mostly due to the fact that new controls can be very touchy).
** To give you a good idea, Series/XPlay gave it a half-star, it's ''first'' half-star, which equates around to a 0.5/5.
*** CriticalDissonance: Meanwhile, the [[http://www.amazon.com/Steel-Battalion-Heavy-Armor-Xbox-360/product-reviews/B003O6E9T0/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending Amazon reviews]] for the game (along with several other websites) seem to be a little more generous towards the game, some even calling it underappreciated and overcriticized.