* ArcFatigue: So you were expecting to experience the Battle of Naboo from the Gungans' perspective, and fight the battle droids straight away? Well, guess what: You'll have to complete ''three'' '''Old Republic-era''' missions set around Boss Nass' ancestor, Gallo, and the War of the Gungan Tribes first. The Gungan campaign has six missions, plus a seventh non-canon bonus mission. That means that ''half'' of the campaign is dedicated to this relatively unrelated war. It doesn't help that the hero that the campaign is named for is Boss ''Nass'' and not Gallo.
* DemonicSpiders: The [[BearsAreBadNews bursas]] from the Gungans campaign. They are very fast, can tear down a building in mere seconds, and are just as deadly in combat.
** Basic Training Campaign: Colonize Alaris Prime and train a militia to destroy an infestation of Gundarks--> Eliminate the Trade Federation presence on that moon.
* HilariousInHindsight: The Wookiees are a playable faction, and this game was made ''before'' [[Film/RevengeOfTheSith 2005]].
* MostAnnoyingSound: lots and lots; SWGB is fairly weak in the sound effects department. Selecting a group of Rebel tauntaun cavalry and having to listen to the same grunting sounds every time you give them a move order will drive you nuts -- almost as bad as the error sound you hear every time you do something wrong (like trying to build a building you don't have enough resources for, or hitting the "Idle Worker" button without actually having idling workers).
* RecycledScript: Several missions in ''Galactic Battlegrounds'' resemble missions seen in the campaigns of ''VideoGame/AgeOfEmpiresII''.
** The Basic Training campaign is played out more or less the same as the William Wallace tutorial campaign. This is especially noticeable in the first, sixth, and seventh missions.
** The second mission in the Gungan campaign has the player control a small group of soldiers that travels to different Gungan tribes with the intent to recruit them to join your cause, much like the first mission of the Genghis Khan campaign.