* CrazyAwesome: Pepito aka The Antichrist.
* GenreSavvy: Squee seems well aware that there's something horribly wrong with the universe he lives in, and that there may be [[JhonenVasquez some crazy writer/artist]] behind it all.
* MoralEventHorizon: Squee's parents crossed it by [[spoiler: sending him to a mental institution just so they can go on vacation]]. You would think it was because he sold them out to the aliens, but they [[LaserGuidedAmnesia don't even remember that incident]].
* TearJerker: As if his own parents locking him up in an asylum wasn't bad enough, it's at least PlayedForLaughs. The final Dreamtime page is probably the most depressing moment in the entire thing: Squee, laying awake in terror in his cell and fantasizing about becoming even more deranged than Johnny. The comic not only leaves us with the image of an elementary-schooler fearing his eventual psychotic breakdown, but also fearing complete mental regression as this kid who so loves writing is reduced to incoherent scribbles on his cell wall. Even worse? There's a question mark next to "Dreamtime," begging the question of whether or not this is actually Squee's future.
** WordOfGod is that it isn't--[[http://jhonenv.tumblr.com/post/93159522930/i-always-believed-squee-is-actually-johnny-because "I think Squee’s gonna be alright."]]
* TheScrappy: Squee's father is generally disliked for being an AbusiveParent with a one-note RunningGag (his disdain for his own son just for existing).