* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: "Cantata Orbis", the closing music from ''Be Invoked''.
** No love for the opening and ending?
* EarWorm: "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuCqEEaX8Es Fukkatsu no Ideon]]," the ([[SoundtrackDissonance rather peppy]]) opening.
-->"SP-PACE RUN-A-WAY IDEON! I-DE-O-NNNNNN!!"
* FridgeHorror: Just how many times has the Ide [[ApocalypseHow pushed the reset button]]?
* HilariousInHindsight: Mechas called the Dogg Mack and [[ZeroWing 'Take off every Zigg Mack']].
* MemeticMutation: '''Ideon destroyed the universe!'''
** [[NeverLiveItDown Which is kinda odd because it only destroyed the solar system it was in/that part of the galaxy it was in.]]
** [[TakeAThirdOption Okay, let's just say it destroyed humanity.]]
** Hey, look at the monitor to your left. [[FourthWallPsych *Stares at troper*]]
** Frequently, Doba's manly-tears-closeup near the end of ''Be Invoked'' is a standard [[ImageBoards imageboard]] reply to something awe-inspiring.
* NightmareFuel: A lot of the deaths in the show, and especially the movie Be Invoked, are pretty gruesome, but what takes the cake is [[spoiler: the death of [[HeartwarmingOrphan Ashura]], who [[OffWithHisHead gets her head cleanly blown off.]] ''And she's a kid of a mere 5 years.'']]
* [[NiceJobBreakingItHero Nice Job Breaking The Universe Heroes]]: Well duh.
* NarmCharm: Even now, fans can't decide if Cosmo's massive afro is really hilarious or really awesome.
* SoOkayItsAverage: The movie is really the main reason this show stays on the map, as it was where most of the over-the-top violence and the KillEmAll ending actually played out. The actual show isn't terrible, but the episodes are StrictlyFormula and rather cliché-ridden, and [[OffModel the animation budget]] wasn't exactly huge.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotSymbolic: [[spoiler:Cosmo and Kasha name Karala's child Messiah.]]
* WTHCostumingDepartment: Reviewers on the Internet have pointed out how Buff Clan generals' uniforms resemble [[HilariousInHindsight stereotypical Elvis impersonators' outfits.]]