* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: [[AwesomeMusic/SonicTheHedgehog Well, it IS a Sonic game.]] Some notable ones are the Emerald Coast theme and the 4th Dimension Space theme.
* EarWorm: Many of the songs.
* GameBreaker: [[spoiler:Super Sonic. There's a reason he's an unlockable.]]
** Sonic's special move can sometimes be this; if he gets the same number twice he can move double the spaces. IE, if he got two 2s, on the second turn he could move ''four'' spaces.
** Which sometimes turns into a self-imposed StopHelpingMe, because if you're not aware of Sonic's special move at all times, you can overshoot where you're trying to go, since with the double-move you must move the required double amount of spaces.
* HilariousInHindsight: ''VideoGame/MarioParty 9'' and ''VideoGame/WiiParty'' [[note]]"Globe Trot" mode[[/note]] used some of the same ideas as this game.
* MostAnnoyingSound: Eggman's laughter; it is ''loud''.
* MostWonderfulSound: The sound effect played when landing on a Mini Game/Mini Event space.
* ScrappyMechanic: The person farthest away from the Precioustone loses half their rings, courtesy of Eggman. If they have no rings, they lose a turn.
* SidetrackedByTheGoldSaucer: Getting all the pictures requires a ton of rings, but it's fun seeing new ones. Getting all the Mini Games and Mini Events is quite a feat, too.
* ThatOneLevel: Riot Train. It was long and had lots of backtracking.
** When you get the second-last Precioustone on Fire Bird, lots of Battle Spaces appear. You will be fighting a LOT of monsters.
* VisualEffectsOfAwesome: Seen in the opening FMV.
* TheWoobie: Both Lumina and Void, [[spoiler:and by extension, Illumina]].