* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: [[AwesomeMusic/SonicTheHedgehog Well, it IS a Sonic game.]] Some notable ones are the Emerald Coast theme and the 4th Dimension Space theme.
** The event song Crystal Knight, which does a beautiful job playing up the magic and mystery of the dream events they accompany.
* EarWorm: Many of the songs.
* GameBreaker: [[spoiler:Super Sonic. There's a reason he's an unlockable.]]
** Sonic's special move can sometimes be this; if he gets the same number twice he can move double the spaces. IE, if he got two 2s, on the second turn he could move ''four'' spaces.
** At the same time, it's subverted and can turn into a self-imposed StopHelpingMe. If you're not aware of Sonic's special move, you can overshoot where you're trying to go, since with the double-move you must move the required double amount of spaces.
** Several Forcejewels are game breakers, such as Stopnite, which blocks off a space for 3 turns, Barrier Amber, which prevents anyone from passing you for 5 turns, and Curse Opal, which can randomly stop a player from moving for up to 5 turns.
* HilariousInHindsight: ''VideoGame/MarioParty 9'' and ''VideoGame/WiiParty'' [[note]]"Globe Trot" mode[[/note]] used some of the same ideas as this game. ''Mario Party: Island Tour'' also has a mode called "Shy Guy's Shuffle City" which basically screams ''Sonic Shuffle''.
** Eggman's laughter; it is ''loud''.
** The downward series of notes that play when you pick the Eggman card.
** The siren that announces an Accident Mini Game.
* MostWonderfulSound: The sound effect played when landing on a Mini Game/Mini Event space.
** The distinct sound of an S-Card being played.
** The person farthest away from the Precioustone loses half their rings, courtesy of Eggman. If they have no rings, they lose a turn.
** Losing a Duel. The winner steals the difference in rings from their opponent. The loser not only gives up the difference in rings but also loses a turn. Thankfully disabled in Story Mode.
** Accident Mini Games which can show up at any time and without warning. Some of them have good ring payouts, though.
* SidetrackedByTheGoldSaucer: Getting all the pictures requires a ton of rings, but it's fun seeing new ones. Getting all the Mini Games and Mini Events is quite a feat, too.
* SoOkayItsAverage: Those who don't hate this game for being a ''VideoGame/MarioParty'' [[TheyCopiedItSoItSucks ripoff]], an [[TheComputerIsACheatingBastard AI cheat-a-thon]] or an all-around snorefest view it as a decent attempt at a Sonic-themed party game with unique ideas and a decent story, and can be enjoyed with the right friends even though it's inferior to ''Mario Party''.
** Riot Train is long and has lots of backtracking.
** When you get the second-last Precioustone on Fire Bird, lots of Battle Spaces appear. You will be fighting a LOT of monsters.
* TheyCopiedItSoItSucks: Part of the bile this game receives is due to the game taking after ''VideoGame/MarioParty'' despite being made by the same developer.
* ViewerGenderConfusion: Void is male, but he's quite easily mistaken for a girl due to his feminine appearance and voice.
* VisualEffectsOfAwesome: Seen in the opening FMV.
* TheWoobie: Both Lumina and Void, [[spoiler:and by extension, Illumina]].