* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: The song that plays over the end credits:
--> ''Darlin', I love you, but leave me the fuck alone...''
* CultClassic: Even before James Gunn made it big with Guardians of the Galaxy, many people have come to agree the films is criminally underrated.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: The temperamental and foul-mouthed Mayor is likely the most popular character in the film.
* HideYourLesbians: Margaret being a lesbian is only brought up twice and briefly, so you'd be forgiven for not knowing she's a lesbian.
* HilariousInHindsight: Hey, Creator/MichaelRooker just got impaled by [[Film/GuardiansOfTheGalaxy a flying arrow]]! And in a James Gunn film, no less. Not to mention that its [[Film/GuardiansOfTheGalaxyVol2 sequel]] features an AssimilationPlot...with Rooker as [[spoiler: one of the ''good'' guys.]]
** This wouldn't be the [[Series/TheWalkingDead last]] [[VideoGame/CallOfDutyZombies time]] Creator/MichaelRooker found himself in the thick of a ZombieApocalypse.
** During the middle third of the film, Grant strongly resembles [[VideoGame/Fallout3 a newly designed Centaur]].
* MemeticBadass: According to the wrap-up tape, Bill Pardy ended up as this for the cast and production staff of the film.
* TearJerker: The look Starla and Grant share before [[spoiler:she has to blow him up]].