* AccidentalAesop: If you do something that is helpful and good without the heavens' approval, [[DisproportionateRetribution you must pay dearly!]] Even if asking for said approval just earned you the silent treatment, thus leaving you to take a desperate shot in the dark.
* BrokenBase: The series in general. There were a few who considered the show to be SoOkayItsAverage and does have a few memorable characters, and was at least above the standards of other shows on Creator/KidsWB at the time, while there are others who said it killed ''Creator/KidsWB'', comparing it to the same light as ''WesternAnimation/JohnnyTest''. The fact that the main character averts the usual SmellySkunk "odor comes from the tail" creative liberty most cartoon skunks use, instead being portrayed in the more realistic to the actual animal way they use their... "special power" is [[ToiletHumor likely a major reason people weren't big fans of the show]].
** Fox. [[ActionGirl For one reason]] [[FurryFandom or another.]]
** Dragon, for his sheer UnintentionallySympathetic-ness.
* EpilepticTrees: To this day, people are still convinced that Panda is secretly a future [[WesternAnimation/KungFuPanda Po]].
* FunnyMoments: It has its share.
** [[BigBad Dragon]] [[TheComicallySerious in a party hat and blowing a noisemaker]].
* InformedWrongness: The BigBad, Dragon, is mentioned to have been "punished for his arrogance". In his full backstory, it's said that the valley the characters live in was under an intense drought. When Dragon asked the Heavens if he could use his water powers to stop the drought, the Heavens didn't respond at all. So Dragon went ahead and ended the drought with rainfall. The Heavens then punished him by stripping him of his water powers and trapping him in a mountain prison. So... he arrogantly [[UngratefulBastard saved the valley]], apparently.
** This is most likely based on a Chinese legend on how the four rivers were made. Four dragons of water went much the same way as Dragon did and gave the people water after being refused permission, and were punished by the gods by being turned into rivers. Seeing as China presents the afterlife as a CelestialBureaucracy and [[ValuesDissonance deference to authority is taken very seriously, apparently the way Dragon was "arrogant" is that he thought himself above those that told him when he was able to use his powers]].
** But in this case, they didn't tell him one way or the other; he didn't defy the heavens because they didn't respond.
* MoralEventHorizon: Arguably Heaven -- [[BigGood of all people]] -- during Dragon's backstory, for their sheer BeAsUnhelpfulAsPossible and DisproportionateRetribution against him (see InformedWrongness).
* RootingForTheEmpire: After hearing how Dragon was imprisoned in a mountain for trying to help the valley, and seeing how much more unsavory the characters are than him, it's hard NOT to want him to destroy everyone.
* ShipToShipCombat: Try shipping [[FoeYay Skunk/Rabbit]].
* SoOkayItsAverage: Most of the shows fans generally feel this way about it. The humor is usually meh most of the time, and there's [[ToiletHumor quite a bit of jokes involving Skunk's "natural talent"]], but many consider it to have been at least slightly better than most shows on ''Creator/KidsWB'' at the time. A lot of the shows fans also consider the characters to be quite memorable as well.
* TheyCopiedItSoItSucks: One of the main reasons some people are so hostile to the show is because they believed it was a cash in on [[WesternAnimation/YinYangYo another show about anthropomorphic animals performing kung fu that was wildly popular at the time]].
* UglyCute: Pig.