* BrokenBase: Kenchi's decision to not have Naruto participate in the battle of Marineford has been met with mixed reviews by readers.
* FridgeBrilliance: Akainu insists that Bonney is of great importance to the Gorosei. Given what readers know of them, it's likely they want her around to keep them young and in power.
* GaryStu: As mentioned in the description, Naruto is a ''total'' GaryStu in this story. There is literally no point in arguing against that, because it's just so blatant. But despite this, the story somehow manages to be pretty good.
** It helps that, aside from a couple new jutsu, this is basically the same Naruto from the current part of the manga, just much older and more experienced.
* NeverLiveItDown: Ultra-violent Soren is constantly razzed by the rest of the Foxhound Pirates due to his apparent soft spot for [[spoiler: Smoker's second-in-command Tashigi]]. He never harms her during their run-ins despite being far stronger. The others jump all over it because he is usually quite brutal to most enemies of the crew, ''especially'' Marines.
** Naruto will never let Vivi forget that she reminded him of a stripper when they met. He even had a stripper pole installed in her quarters.
* WhatAnIdiot: Naruto's idea of keeping the ship sailing strait is to not touch the helm at all. Nojiko quickly calls him out on this.