* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: ''Kiss Me'' by SixpenceNoneTheRicher and EarWorm-worthy ''Rockafeller Skank'' by Fatboy Slim
* DeaderThanDisco: Used to be a very popular film, but the end of the 90s and increasing parodization have reduced it to prime SnarkBait.
* FridgeLogic: Dean's [[SarcasmMode inspired]] choice for the bet. A girl who looks like Laney as opposed to people who weren't single, deeply unattractive or you know ''lesbian''. Any number of girls would have presented a greater challenge.
* HilariousInHindsight: ''Film/NotAnotherTeenMovie'' makes it impossible to take ''She's All That'' seriously since its A-plot mirrors ''She's All That'' almost exactly.
* HollywoodHomely: Granted, Zack's major concern was over Laney's personality, but a lot of emphasis is put on her physical makeover. WHO could possibly think Rachael Leigh Cook was unattractive? This has since become the most famous part of the movie, and an infamous example of this trope at work.
** Beautifully parodied in ''Film/NotAnotherTeenMovie'': "Glasses? And a ''ponytail''? ''Ugh!''". Made funnier by the fact the Dean expy skips over all the actual challenging choices, such as an albino guitarist, a hunchback, and conjoined twins.
* KarmaHoudini: Taylor is mean to Laney, especially in competition for prom queen, and [[spoiler:she wins]].