* EvilIsSexy: At least when the hypnotism is off.
* HollywoodPudgy: Averted as Rosemary is really [[FatGirl obese]], not slightly bigger than the average Hollywood actress.
* TearJerker: [[spoiler: During the hypnosis, Hal saw Cadence as a perfectly healthy and beautiful little girl. After it's turned off, he sees her again... with burns all over her face. He looks up, and what does Hal see? "Pediatric Burn Unit."]]
* UnfortunateImplications: The premise is that Hal sees the inner beauty of people, but in practice this seems to mean that all ugly people have inner beauty in spades, and beautiful people are invariably bad. Or at least most of them, since Hal's good-looking but friendly neighbour looks no different after the change.
** Justified in that the film only has to show people who actually ''have'' inner beauty. Hal learns that "ugly" people can also have beautiful personalities. Obviously there were people who would still be seen as ugly by Hal before and after hypnosis, the film just doesn't focus on them because it's unnecessary for the plot.
** Also, he only sees the inner beauty of new people. It has no effect on people he already knows.
* TheWoobie: Rosemary. Also Cadence, along with all the other [[spoiler: burn victims.]]