* EvilIsSexy: At least when the hypnotism is off.
* HollywoodPudgy: Averted as Rosemary is really [[FatGirl obese]], not slightly bigger than the average Hollywood actress.
* SpecialEffectsFailure: Towards the end where Rosemary is carrying Hal, you can see that parts of his shirt are fastened to strings.
** When Hal and Rosemary reconcile at the party at the end and hug each other, pay attention to Rosemary's arms and you can clearly see where the fat suit ends as her hands are perfectly slim.
* TearJerker: [[spoiler: During the hypnosis, Hal saw Cadence as a perfectly healthy and beautiful little girl. After it's turned off, he sees her again... with burns all over her face. He looks up, and what does Hal see? "Pediatric Burn Unit."]]
** The way Rosemary talks about how she knows she's not pretty and how no man has ever loved her like Hal does will definitely hit home if you are or know a woman who has ever had body image issues.
* UnintentionallyUnsympathetic: Mauricio, Hal's shallow, snarky best friend who is responsible for [[spoiler: Hal's hypnosis spell ending]] just because he wanted him to be superficial again. Even after we learn his FreudianExcuse [[spoiler: that he was born with ''a tail'' that, since it has an artery wrapped around it, can't be surgically removed]], it doesn't garner him much sympathy, mainly due to him spending most of the movie badmouthing Rosemary and how absolutely gross his condition is.
* ValuesDissonance: For chubby chasers and people who aren't put off by transsexuals, Hal's judgement of both as ugly is sure to be this.
** With a huge chunk of beautiful people being perceived as ugly, it also lends to the unfair "[[BeautyIsBad pretty people are jerks]]" stereotype.
** And some find the reverse stereotype "ugly/average looking people are saints" patronizing.
* TheWoobie: Rosemary. Also Cadence, along with all the other [[spoiler: burn victims.]]