* BrokenBase: Zelda Sequelitis. On the one hand, there's people who praise Arin for having the guts to criticize such a highly-praised game as ''Ocarina of Time'' at all. On the other hand, there's the people who claim many of the points he brought up were not legitimate criticisms in the slightest, such as "too much plot," "no overhead camera,"[[note]]this one gets blown out of proportion; Egoraptor only complained about the spike puck traps, how they were placed relative to an overhead camera even though ''Ocarina'' [[ObstructiveForeground doesn't have one]][[/note]] "treasure chest animations" and "unintuitive puzzles"[[note]]and that's in comparison to Zelda 1, where "puzzles" were usually just killing everything in the room[[/note]]. Even the [[FairyCompanion most]] [[MostAnnoyingSound common]] [[StopHelpingMe complaint]] of the game was barely touched on for 5 seconds amidst all the arbitrary gripes. It felt more like whining about the transition to story-driven 3D adventures than a discussion about game design as the other episodes had been[[note]]He's supposedly complaining that the new story-driven direction doesn't mesh with the gameplay as well as it had in ''Link to the Past'', but given [[ClusterFBomb Egoraptor's usual style]] this doesn't come across well.[[/note]].
** There's also the people who feel that Ego's basically comparing a game with a polished and perfected formula (Link to the Past) to a game trying out a new and experimental (at the time) formula (Ocarina of Time). Again, this doesn't put him in a favorable light.
* HarsherInHindsight: [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G167kDguD24 Jump 'N' Shoot Man]] suddenly [[RockmanXOver isn't so funny]].
-->''"Well, he can jump for one. And he can shoot."''
* HilariousInHindsight[=/=]FunnyAneurysmMoment: This series is seen a lot differently by fans of Game Grumps due to how Arin as a lets-player is a radical antithesis to everything he says here. The most frequently-cited example is how Arin rants about characters popping up to tell you annoying and unnecessary information, as there are dozens of moments where an episode of Game Grumps would have gone a lot better if Arin had bothered to read the on-screen prompts instead of just ignoring them. A good amount of the fanbase is able to compromise these two conflicting portrayals with the realization that Arin's game design theories are only really applicable to old-school gaming and aren't fully applicable to modern game design.
** Practically confirmed by the LTTP/OOT episode, where Arin brought up a bunch of points that didn't prove much beyond TheyChangedItNowItSucks.
** There's also the idea that Game Grumps Arin is almost definitely [[ObfuscatingStupidity playing bad on purpose]] because [[RuleOfFunny it's funnier to watch]].
* ItsEasySoItSucks: Played with in his Castelvania IV video. He notes that the increased power of the whip isn't a bad thing on its own, rather that it reduces the complexity of combat and makes the subweapons pointless. He suggests that the game might have been better if it ditched the subweapons and focused on unique challenges designed for the whip, not necessarily to make the game harder, but to make it more cohesive.
** Played straight in his Zelda video, where one of his major complaints about modern Zelda games is how they aren't as challenging as the original or A Link to The Past, [[JerkassHasAPoint to the point of being outright unstimulating]].
* ItsTheSameNowItSucks: He criticizes the Zelda series for sticking too close to formula. Skyward Sword infuriates him the most, which is interesting considering that others say the game changed [[TheyChangedItNowItSucks too much]].
** "And then Capcom was like [[PrecisionFStrike 'Fuck!']]"
** Many ''Mega Man''-related videos will have at least one poster saying "X... is pretty smart. Y... is pretty fucking smart. Z is FUCKING...GENIUS!!!"
** From the same video, a high-pitched "Megaman! Megaman!" (said by Roll acting like a hypothetical annoying ExpositionFairy, Egoraptor's point being that those games could teach the player without needing one) is now often quoted by Let's Players when unnecessary annoying exposition shows up in games. Probably a reference to Navi mode in ''Rockman Complete Works'' and the ''Anniversary Collection'', but that was unvoiced and completely optional... unlike in a few of the later ''Mega Man X'' games.
** RIDIN' ON CARS!!! *AirGuitar*
* OpinionMyopia: Subverted. For all the [[TheyChangedItNowItSucks legitimate criticisms]] fans can make about the ''Zelda'' episode, he does manage to avert this. He starts the review with a gag that essentially asks the audience to let him say his piece and, at the end, thanks them for watching the video even if they don't agree and telling them that they aren't bad people for disagreeing with him.
** Double subverted though, with his rant about Skyward Sword from the same episode, where he angrily accuses critics and consumers of regarding the game highly merely because it was a Zelda game, and that it had no redeeming quality on its own.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: Being a series of opinion pieces about the differences between originals and sequels, some level of this was inevitable. His Zelda video, though, has been accused of this quite a bit. See BrokenBase above.