* EnsembleDarkhorse: Lucas and Darwin were consistently the most popular characters.
* HarsherInHindsight : In "The Regulator", the villain of the episode faked his own death by suicide to avoid condemnation by his peers. Lucas responds by saying "I can sympathize." Knowing that Lucas's actor, Brandis, would later go on to commit suicide makes for a truly cringe-worthy FunnyAneurysmMoment. It's even worse when you consider the fact that the villain faked his death in 2003, the same year as Brandis' actual suicide.
* IWantMyJetpack: Becoming this as the year 2018 quickly approaches.
* NightmareFuel: "Knight of Shadows", fitting for the show's Halloween episode. To cap them all, we have a [[CreepyMonotone mysterious set of directions]], an apparition hurtling Bridger across his room, ''a man looking straight at the main characters during a'' '''paused video''', something alternatively setting doorknobs on fire (literally) or freezing them solid for threat of frostbite, and threatening them in general.
* SuspiciouslySimilarSong: Much of the background music in "The Fear That Follows" is based on "Mars, the Bringer of War" from ''The Planets'' by Music/GustavHolst.