* EarWorm: "Thank You Very Much"
** "December the 25th".
* FunnyMoment: Scrooge's introduction to the Ghost of Christmas Past:
-->'''Scrooge''': Who are you?\\
'''Ghost''': I am the spirit whose coming was foretold to you.\\
'''Scrooge''': ...You don't look like a ghost.\\
'''Ghost''': Thank you.
** The Fezziwigs, and their CrowdSong, "December the 25th".
** The Ghost of Christmas Present, and his song, "I Like Life".
* HilariousInHindsight: This wouldn't be the last time that Alec Guinness [[Franchise/StarWars played a ghost who returned to advise someone]], albeit a more benevolent version than the one in this film.
* JerkassHasAPoint: "Fools who have no money spend it/Get in debt, then try to end it/Beg me on their knees, befriend them/Knowing I have cash to lend them..." True, true, even today.
* NarmCharm: All of Albert Finney's attempts to sing.
** Though he is attempting to sing as an old man, it wouldn't exactly fit the character if he sang as he naturally could at the age of 34.
* NightmareFuel: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv_pTT-W_lI Scrooge in the bowels of Hell]].
** The firsf scene with Marley has at least two. Marley's scream, if it isn't ridiculous, is actually rather chilling. Then there is the revelation of the phantoms, in both the stage and film versions.
** Not to mention the way Marley walks when he first enters the room. Encumbered by his chains, he is floating and limping at the same time.
* PainfulRhyme: The Ghost of Christmas Present opens "I Like Life" with one.
-->"Ebenezer Scrooge / The sins of man are huge!"
* TearJerker: Scrooge being shown by the Spirit of Christmas Past his youthful self, and his love, Isobel. Made even worse by seeing him break down and beg, "Spirit, remove me from this place; I can bear it no more." And then wake up sobbing in bed.