* AlternateCharacterInterpretation - Minor one that's PlayedForLaughs. All of Jesus water based miracles? They happened because he's afraid of water.
* AmericansHateTingle: Saint Young Men reportedly will never see a U.S., India, and Philippines and overseas release, either of the manga or the OAV series and movie, because creator Hikaru Nakamura didn't want to risk pissing off religious fundamentalists.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny - The series is full of these.
* HoYay: On one occasion, the pair are walking through the city when a girl, giving out pamphlets in the street, asks Buddha if he's a ''Christian''. He then remarks to Jesus (at least in the French translation), "I believe in you/I have faith in you, does that count?" This makes Jesus blush. A lot. He replies something along the lines of "Don't say that in public, what will people think?" Possibly a CallBack to the time Jesus prays to Buddha at the shrine for New Year's (and Buddha prays to ''himself'', which basically works like a cosmic fridge note), but as per RuleOfFunny it's basically treated like an excessive public display of affection.
* FridgeBrilliance: Although the series' depiction of Jesus may be considered by [[TheFundamentalist Fundamentalist Christians]] as blasphemous, most Christians find it hilariously accurate, as the core concept of Christian faith states that Jesus incarnated himself as a human in order to feel human pain and weakness, as a preparation for his great sacrifice.
** The series's use of JesusWasWayCool tropes tends to underscore this; he's a laid-back, OccidentalOtaku, Johnny Depp lookalike while the rare Christians who appear in the series tend to be TheFundamentalist. Overall it's really more of an AffectionateParody than a TakeThat towards anyone, and besides Christians are ''one'' half of the series.
* XMeetsY: ''Webcomic/AxisPowersHetalia'' meets religion.