* AccidentalAesop: While not pointed out, the movie teaches a lesson on how you shouldn't try to marry someone you don't know that much. Chaz knew Coco for less than a month and he didn't know how horrible Coco was until the wedding day.
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: Chuckie's dream about becoming "[[Creator/JackieChan Chuckie Chan]]".
* BreakawayPopHit: The Baha Men's "Who Let the Dogs Out?", to a certain extent.
* CrossesTheLineTwice: Spike peeing on a wall? Gross. But then that wall turns out to be ''THE EIFFEL TOWER''.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: [[spoiler:When Chaz and Kira get married.]]
* EvenBetterSequel: One of the main complaints about the first movie was the lack of focus and no real antagonist. This one addresses both by giving the lead to Chuckie and a much more relateable story for both parents and children. As well as making Coco a worthy villain for the film to focus on.
* MoralEventHorizon: Coco and Jean-Claude cross this when they're willing to lock children away in a warehouse for the sake of a perfect wedding.
** Jean-Claude pilots the Robo-Snail mecha against the babies' Reptar mecha and attempts to destroy it, knowing full-well the babies are inside and even ''gleefully'' going along with it.
** Coco was pretty much unpleasant throughout the film, but it's possible that she crossed this earlier than this when she [[KickTheDog wrenched Chuckie's]] TragicKeepsake [[KickTheDog out of his hands and then ordered Kira to destroy it]]. [[EvenEvilHasStandards Even Angelica looked shocked!]]
-->'''Coco''': [[KillItWithFire Burn this moth eaten plaything!]] [[EvilIsPetty I never want to see it again]].
** This is also when Kira realizes that Coco does not care about either Chaz or Chuckie.
* ToyShip: As this is Kimi's introduction, this is also where shipping her with Tommy got started, particularly from the scene where they're watching the stage show and Kira places Kimi in Tommy's seat with him.